This is to inform the general public that Agip scholarship 2020 is ongoing. The Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited NAOC Agip undergraduate scholarship is out and eligible candidates can apply. To know how to apply ,requirements and eligible candidates should continue reading below.
ABOUT AGIP SCHOLARSHIP
The Nigerian AGIP Oil Company is offering two categories of scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies. The admission is currently on-going and eligible candidates are required to apply within the deadline which is between the 1st and 31st August.
AGIP Oil Company is a multinational oil company that was established in the year, 1962. It retails gasoline, diesel, LPG, oil, and bitumen. Aside from AGIP scholarship, there are other multinational companies that provide scholarships of different categories to students.
Category of Awards
- Host Communities Merit Award – For applicants strictly from NAOC Host Communities
- National Merit Award – For applicants from Non-Host communities
To qualify for consideration, applicants MUST be:
- Registered Full TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application (Only students admitted in 2019/2020 academic session)
NOTE: The following categories of students should not apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
- Dependants of NAOC/NAE/AENR/NACPFA
Only Indigenes of NAOC Host Communities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Deltaand Imo States SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
Only applicants studying Engineering, Geology, Geosciences and Agricultural Science are eligible for the National Merit Award.
NOTE: The aptitude test will take place at designated centers to be communicated to applicants on a later date and applicants are to fully bear the cost of transportation to and from Aptitude test centres.
AGIP SCHOLARSHIP 2020 Application is open to 100 level students only. Students in other levels should not apply.
AGIP SCHOLARSHIP 2020 REQUIREMENT
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- O’level Certificate
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- Letter from Community Paramount Ruler (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award)
- Letter from CDC Chairman (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award).
- JAMB Result
- Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload.
- Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload.
- Ensure to provide valid Email and Phone Contact for effective communication.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AGIP SCHOLARSHIP 2020
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Visit http://www.scholastica.ng/
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarships to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferable.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN). See the step below to get a NIN number.
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the capture centres https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
Return to the portal and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion.
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board. Also, Obtaining NIN is not compulsory in order to complete your application.
Here are some questions candidates do ask and their answers;
1. How do I apply for the NAOC Tertiary Scholarship Scheme?
If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
2. Who is eligible for the NAOC Tertiary Scholarship Scheme?
There are two award categories: Host Communities Merit Award and National Merit Award.
The Host category is only open to applicants from Host communities while the National Category is open to applicants from Non-Host communities.
3. I am not from a NAOC Host Community; Can I apply for the Host category?
NO. Your application will be void if you apply for the wrong category. You are advised to strictly apply for the national category if you are not from the host community.
4. What do I major in to apply for the scholarship?
The Host Communities Merit Award Scheme is open to applicants in any course of study. The National Merit Award Scheme is open to only applicants studying Engineering, Geology, Geosciences and Agricultural Science.
5. Do I need to be accepted into a particular institution, before I apply for the scholarships?
Applicants must have gained full-time admission into any recognized Nigerian tertiary institution.
6. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of campaign.
7. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the scholarship campaign.
8. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your scholastica profile, click on “My Account”, a dropdown appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you to confirming it.
9. When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do I have to re-apply? No you don’t have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
10. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.
11. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG.
12. I cannot find my course of study in the dropdown list. What do I do?
If your course of study is not on the list, send an email to email@example.com stating the name of your course of study, Faculty, CGPA Scale and name of institution. You will be notified in less than 24 hours via email once it has been added.
13. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org You can also visit your profile to view the status of your application.
14. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes after the stipulated deadline.
Closing date for receipt of e-application is strictly Midnight 31st, August 2020.
If you have any thoughts or comments, use the form below.