Waec Syllabus for Integrated Science for 2020/2021 examination. This Syllabus act as a guide to help those preparing to write integrated Science in Waec to read and understand topics that may be asked in the exam. To be able to pass Integrated Science in Waec very well, one must study the syllabus and the past questions. Below is the syllabus, so take your time to read about it.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE SYLLABUS
This syllabus seeks to among other things, enable students to:
(1) acquire the skill to solve basic problems within their immediate environment through analysis and experimentation;
(2) keep a proper balance of the diversity of the living and non-living things based on their interconnectedness and repeated patterns of change;
(3) adopt sustainable habits for managing the natural environment for humankind and society;
(4) use appliances and gadgets effectively with a clear understanding of their basic operations and underlying principles.
(5) explore, conserve and optimise the use of energy as an important resource for the living world;
(6) adopt a scientific way of life-based on pragmatic observation and investigation of phenomena;
(7) Search for solutions to problems of life recognizing the interaction of science, technology and other disciplines.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple-choice objective questions all of which must be answered within 1 hour for 50 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of six essay-type questions. Candidates will be required to answer four questions within 1 hour 30 minutes for 20 marks each.
PAPER 3: Will consist of four questions on test of practical work. Candidates will be required to answer all the questions within 2 hours for 60 marks.
Download Waec Syllabus for Integrated Science
download Integrated Science Syllabus pdf